Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

maj
Helper I
Helper I

.pbix file won't refresh in desktop

I created a new .pbix 4 months ago and have been making updates to it since.  About 10 days ago, I started having issues where the queries sometimes won't load in Power Query Editor.  Today I was finally able to get them to load so I made the necessary changes (I did nothing different today than in days past so I don't know what finally made them load today).  After making changes, I hit Close & Apply.  The changes have been pending for 4+ hours.  Some queries say "waiting for other queries" while the others say "evaluating".  My dataset/report refreshes fine on the service, no issues at all there.  What would cause the issues I'm having in my desktop version?  I'm on the latest version - February 2021.  I also installed an earlier version - December 2020 - but that made no difference.  Please help!!  Thank you.

3 REPLIES 3
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@maj , I saw two new issues report on Feb 2021, Check if this is after you Feb 2021 update

Please check isues here-https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Issues/idb-p/Issues

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

Thanks.  I had already gone through and unchecked most of the boxes mentioned in the first article.  My data sources are a few small Excel files (less than 50,000 rows) and 2 PBI dataflows so the second article doesn't seem applicable.

I finally gave up and cancelled the 'apply changes'.  When I did, I got the following error:

CefSharp.BrowserSubprocess has stopped working.  

When I clicked out of that box, I got the following message:

We're sorry.  A problem occurred while rendering the report, and Power BI Desktop will close now.  Please restart.

I also noticed that in the same OneDrive folder where I save my .pbix file, there is now a debug.log document that I've never seen before.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.