Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

LMMM
Frequent Visitor

.pbix file that can only be viewed and not edited.

It is necessary to have a file ".pbix" but that can not be displayed, nor edit or access the data of the tables. This is so as not to have to publish my files in the cloud.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
MFelix
Super User
Super User

Hi @LMMM,

This is not possible, if you are using the PBIX file then yoiu have access to the background query editor since the objective of PBI is to have information a available on the web, the PBIX files ar eto edit the reporting and not visualizing them.

There are a lot oif features that you can turn on/off on the Editor that you only will see online (example headers options).

Believe that your concern is about the information being place online correct?

Regards,

MFelix

Regards

Miguel Félix

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Check out my blog: Power BI em Português

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
v-frfei-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @LMMM,

You can change the app workspace that you publish the report to "Members can only view Power BI content". Then the users (Members) cannot download the pbix file anymore.

1.PNG

2.PNG

Regards,

Frank

Community Support Team _ Frank
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the others find it more quickly.

Hola @v-frfei-msft

Lo que quiero es compartir un informe, sin tener que subirlo a la web. 

Y que no se pueda acceder a otros datos que no esten en los gráficos, una de las maneras es exportarlo a PDF claro está. Pero no tendría las interacciones que POWER BI ofrece. Ese es mi problema. 

Hasta ahora solo puedo tener el informe .pbix, pero los que lo tengan pueden acceder a otros datos de las tablas, y editar los graficos como cuando se crea un informe. 

Hi @LMMM,

As @MFelix said it is not possible. As for a pbix, it is made up of different files. You can check the underlying content by the steps as the blog. So if you share the pbix file to others, that means they almost get everything, such as  data model , souce , tables names, columns name....

Regards,

Frank

Community Support Team _ Frank
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the others find it more quickly.
MFelix
Super User
Super User

Hi @LMMM,

This is not possible, if you are using the PBIX file then yoiu have access to the background query editor since the objective of PBI is to have information a available on the web, the PBIX files ar eto edit the reporting and not visualizing them.

There are a lot oif features that you can turn on/off on the Editor that you only will see online (example headers options).

Believe that your concern is about the information being place online correct?

Regards,

MFelix

Regards

Miguel Félix

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Check out my blog: Power BI em Português

LMMM
Frequent Visitor

Yes, my concern is the information published on the web. Is there any way to share my reports without having to upload them to the cloud, and that they can only be viewed?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors