Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

dbell

password/adminstrator - cannot log in !

I have had a free account for months and today I downloaded the newest version of Power BI and I can no longer log in - it keeps telling me I have to contact my administrator to reset my password, I dont even who that is. I cannot log in nor can I seem to contact support because I cannot log in and I am getting increasingly frustrated. I asked a friend in IT and he said I had to put in a help ticket with our IT dept and ask them to give me an account with Office 365 because Microsoft apparently "caught me" and shut down my account?

Is anyone else having this problem? I need to learn this program so that I can create dashboards for my team and they can access it. Any help/suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you!!!

3 REPLIES 3
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @dbell,

Please follow this article to reset your password: Forgot your password for Power BI?.

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Also, based on your description of use case, you will likely need a pro account, so you will need to contact your O365 and/or Power BI admin to give you a license anyway.

How did you previously have an account?  Was it just an MSDN account (or personal email, etc.) that you set up when downloading the free desktop app?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors