Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

prb
Frequent Visitor

partial match combined with first occurence

Hi Colleagues,

I would like to solve the following issue below. Could You please help me how would You do it in PBI?

there are uniq codes in first column, and for some instances (where in code attached column is not "empty"), there are some attached codes. e.g. if for code B the C and E is attached, it means the same value. I would like to create a uniq column and mark the ones with 1 if it is uniq, and with 0 for ones that are attached to one already marked as uniq. i.e. in this case, B, C and E are attached, so I would like to mark only B as uniq as it was the first occurence, subsequent C and E should be marked as not uniq.

thanks in advance,

prb

CodeCode attached Uniq
Aempty1
BC, E1
CB, E0
Dempty1
EB, C0
Fempty1
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-chuncz-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@prb 

You may add a custom column in Query Editor.

let
    s = ", "
in
    Text.Combine(List.Sort(List.Combine({{[Code]}, Text.Split([#"Code attached "], s)})), s)

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/IF-AND-dax-Formula/m-p/293991#M129654

Community Support Team _ Sam Zha
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-chuncz-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@prb 

You may add a custom column in Query Editor.

let
    s = ", "
in
    Text.Combine(List.Sort(List.Combine({{[Code]}, Text.Split([#"Code attached "], s)})), s)

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/IF-AND-dax-Formula/m-p/293991#M129654

Community Support Team _ Sam Zha
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi there

working, thanks!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.