Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

suji
Advocate I
Advocate I

partial load or on demand load in power BI ?

HI ,

I am new to Power BI. I am from Qlik background.

in my Power BI desktop when i want to load / refresh the data it is reloading the entire data . It is consuming more time.

Do we have any options in power BI to avoid loading exsisting data  or can we load data from previously loaded timestamp ?

so that we cacn reduce the time to reloade same data.

Please let me know whether we have this option in PBI or not ?

If yes, Please guide me how to enable.

Thanks & Regards,

Suresh Peddirsi.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Yes. You will get the old data as well as new data combined. You do not need to publish the PBI Desktop file everytime, You can download Personal Gateway and can Schedule refresh once a day with free licence or maximum 8 times a day with Pro Licence.

Thanks & Regards,
Bhavesh

Love the Self Service BI.
Please use the 'Mark as answer' link to mark a post that answers your question. If you find a reply helpful, please remember to give Kudos.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
BhaveshPatel
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi Suresh,

You can do this in PowerBI. When you go to Edit Queries Mode, Click the All Properties link and uncheck the includes in Report Refresh to enable the partial refresh of the data model. See the attached screenshot. You can not do incremental loading of data in powerbi.

You can also right click the Query and unselect the Includes in Report Refresh. 

des1.PNG

Thanks & Regards,
Bhavesh

Please use the 'Mark as answer' link to mark a post that answers your question. If you find a reply helpful, please remember to give Kudos.

Hi Bhavesh, Thanks for your quick response.

I tried this. but i have another doubt. if i publish the same dashboard, can i get the old data and latest update in my Power BI service ?

because, every time when i do any change in PBI desktop, i have to publish the same to Service.

Thanks & Regards,

Suresh Peddirsi

Yes. You will get the old data as well as new data combined. You do not need to publish the PBI Desktop file everytime, You can download Personal Gateway and can Schedule refresh once a day with free licence or maximum 8 times a day with Pro Licence.

Thanks & Regards,
Bhavesh

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.