Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

corodyne
Frequent Visitor

pareto chart (problem with ties and measures)

All,

I will admit defeat.  I have tried many, many iterations of a Pareto chart with my data set, but have hit a brick wall.

Issue:  I have data that results in ties (same number figure when ranking using a measure).  I have found no workable way around this.  Hoping you can help.  (any working link to a solution or file would be most appreciated)

Key requirement:  The cumlative sum and pareto calculations must be measures. I am NOT using date values to try and rank or sum over time.

Data:  The data is formatted as below in a Chart.  The Chart is created using slicers from over a 1M rows of data and the Sales are aggregate sales figures for each item.  The problem arises when trying to do a cumalitve sum and ranking for pareto values as there is a tie between items B and C.

ItemSales
A10
B9
C9
D7
E3
4 REPLIES 4
v-jiascu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @corodyne,

Could you please mark the proper answer as solution or share the answer if it's convenient for you? That will be a help to the others.

Best Regards!
Dale

Community Support Team _ Dale
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Vvelarde
Community Champion
Community Champion

@corodyne

Hi, Maybe this can help you.

https://www.pbiusergroup.com/blogs/victor-velarde/2017/07/07/como-realizar-un-diagrama-8020-o-de-dis...

In is spanish, but with a translator you can follow it.

Regards

Victor

Lima - ¨Peru

Lima - Peru

Encontre la solución con ello

corodyne
Frequent Visitor

Here is a  quick snapshot of the row ranking problem (which has a tumble down effect for cumulative sums and pareto calculations) -- See all the Spend Rank 192 values??

Ranking problem.GIF

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.