Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

page navigation with filled-in slicer options in the landing page

Hi,

Hereby a simplified example what I would like to achieve:

I have three pages: two main pages and a detail page. 
The two main pages have a button that is a navigation link to the same detail page.

1) When I click on main page 1 I would like to navigate to the detail page whereby in the detail page automatically country UK is selected.

2) When I click on main page 2 I would like to navigate to the same detail page whereby in the detail page automatically country Belgium is selected.

How can I achieve this page navigation?

Please note that creating two detail pages (one for the UK and one for Belgium) is not the right answer/option for me.
This is a only a simplified example and I cannot create 100+ detail pages.

Thank you for your feedback!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-rzhou-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous 

I think you can try sync slicer function as TomMartens replied. Creating two pages is enough. Navigation Page and Report Page. Here I will show you the detail steps.

Create a country slicer. You need to use Single selection function in Slicer format.  Only sync this silcer not view in report page.

1.png

Then create a Button in your Navigation Page and select Page navigation in Action.

2.png

For reference:Create buttons in Power BI reports

Hide report page and you can publish your report to your Power BI Service.

In service we could only see Navigation Page. Due to single selection in slicer, we must select a Country.

1.png

Ctrl +left click on Button, you can go to the Report Page. 

2.png

This is a easy sample. You can add a column as Country category in your Data table. Then build a slicer by Country column and do above steps, you can achieve your goal.

Best Regards,
Rico Zhou

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-rzhou-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous 

I think you can try sync slicer function as TomMartens replied. Creating two pages is enough. Navigation Page and Report Page. Here I will show you the detail steps.

Create a country slicer. You need to use Single selection function in Slicer format.  Only sync this silcer not view in report page.

1.png

Then create a Button in your Navigation Page and select Page navigation in Action.

2.png

For reference:Create buttons in Power BI reports

Hide report page and you can publish your report to your Power BI Service.

In service we could only see Navigation Page. Due to single selection in slicer, we must select a Country.

1.png

Ctrl +left click on Button, you can go to the Report Page. 

2.png

This is a easy sample. You can add a column as Country category in your Data table. Then build a slicer by Country column and do above steps, you can achieve your goal.

Best Regards,
Rico Zhou

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you! This did the trick.

TomMartens
Super User
Super User

Hey @Anonymous ,

you have to use slicer synchronization: Enable the Sync Slicers feature in Power BI visuals - Power BI | Microsoft Docs

Hopefully, this provides what you need to tackle your challenge. If not, please describe your requirements in more detail.

Regards,

Tom

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution, this will help others!

Proud to be a Super User!
I accept Kudos 😉
Hamburg, Germany

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.