Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

NatalieWF
Frequent Visitor

overwrite existing report

Hi There,

I have download the pbix and amend the source. I publish back, it did ask me whether to replace the old one and i chosed yes. However a new one with the same name report has been created instead. 

I did try the below method to download through dataset tab, however nothing inside the pbix

Solved: Overwrite existing Report and Dataset without re-s... - Microsoft Power BI Community

Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi there,

I finally fingure figure it out. It can be replaced only dl the .pdix in the View Lineage page. 

But I still can't cancel out the pending bar.

Thank you for your help.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
v-luwang-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi  @NatalieWF   ,

Has your problem been solved, if so, please consider Accept a correct reply as the solution to help others find it.

Best Regard

Lucien Wang

v-luwang-msft
Community Support
Community Support

HI @NatalieWF ,

Regarding what you mentioned,"There are pending changes in your queries that haven't been applied",you can view the link: https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/Delete-pending-changes/td-p/47354

According to what  you provided from information and picture, comparing with  my test .When I publish again, "Replacing this dataset may impact" is not blank ,it appeared  1report. And,when  I opened the pbix  which downloaded through dataset , I can still view the report normally. You can check if your dataset corresponds to your report, or you can try the operation I mentioned before, try again to download the report with the same name after publishing, modify it and publish it again, will a third report with the same name be generated.

v-luwang-msft_0-1612764432086.png

v-luwang-msft_1-1612764432091.png

Hi there,

I finally fingure figure it out. It can be replaced only dl the .pdix in the View Lineage page. 

But I still can't cancel out the pending bar.

Thank you for your help.

v-luwang-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @NatalieWF ,

Could you pls tell me what is the data source you are using?

I tried the steps you described but succeeded in replacing the previous report.

If you try again to download the report with the same name then modify and publish it, will you get a third report with the same name?

The database is @ azure. I'm not sure is it, caused by the yellow pending error. In desktop, there is a yellow bar: pending changes in your queries that haven't been applied, no matter how i fix in power query editor and all queries are settled, its still here.

NatalieWF
Frequent Visitor

I can't delete it and republic it. Since i have share it to my boss, it will be troublesome to do so. Thank you.

NatalieWF
Frequent Visitor

NatalieWF_0-1612344249333.png

Thank you for your reply. The 1 is the original file, i dowonload the pdix. After amendment, i publish and press replace. however its still create a seperate report. 

would it not be better to delete both and republish?

If I took the time to answer your question and I came up with a solution, please mark my post as a solution and /or give kudos freely for the effort 🙂 Thank you!

Proud to be a Super User!

vanessafvg
Super User
Super User

can you share some screen shots of the issue?

If I took the time to answer your question and I came up with a solution, please mark my post as a solution and /or give kudos freely for the effort 🙂 Thank you!

Proud to be a Super User!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.