Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

bisenpiyush
Regular Visitor

option to disable creation of relationship between table on multiple selection

Hi, I am new to Power Bi, sorry if this question already asked. Before asking the question, here it little history: I have written an SQLite ODBC Driver, leveraging some open source driver, it shows data only from views, so in the list on "Navigator" shows the list of views. (Those views are not related, so "Select related tables" works fine. Shows that no related tables..something like that.) 

But if the user selects multiple views/tables (do go for "Selected related tables")  and click on "Load" button then there are two error:

1) Load was canceled by an error in loading a previous table--(from power bi end)  

2)"BE_SQLITE_CORRUPT_VTAB"- ( from driver end)

After investigation about Load button, I found that it tries to create the relationship between selected tables. So

Is there any option, which can change the default behavior of "load" button? I mean, If I want to select and see multiple tables data but same time I don't want that "Load" will create relationship among them. (Similar to Excel, in that along with "Load to" option works fine for me).

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I guess Direct Query mode.  I am directly using "Power query" in that using "Get data"->"ODBC"

I found some options in "Current file"->"Data Load"-> Uncheck all relationships options and uncheck Parallel loading of tables.

Seems working fine, but not frequently. Sometimes I still get the error "Load was canceled by an error in loading a previous table"

But clicking on "Apply Changes" solve the problem, that too not always.

Since this option for the current file, I need to set again and again, for each SQLite file.

Thanks for reply 🙂

But still looking for the permanent solution, if there is exist. 

FYI:

"SQLITE_CORRUPT_VTAB": A virtual table might return SQLITE_CORRUPT_VTAB to indicate that content in the virtual table is corrupt (https://www.sqlite.org/rescode.html#corrupt_vtab) Sqlite file getting corrupted.

I don't know why it exactly happening right now, but it is happening while using option "Load". I also do not know yet that it need fix  from your end or mine 🙂 

Working on it but just thought to share with you. Hope will get some pointer toward the solution.

Thanks again

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-huizhn-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @bisenpiyush,

When you load the data, what mode do you use? Import mode or direct query mode? 

Best Regards,
Angelia

I guess Direct Query mode.  I am directly using "Power query" in that using "Get data"->"ODBC"

I found some options in "Current file"->"Data Load"-> Uncheck all relationships options and uncheck Parallel loading of tables.

Seems working fine, but not frequently. Sometimes I still get the error "Load was canceled by an error in loading a previous table"

But clicking on "Apply Changes" solve the problem, that too not always.

Since this option for the current file, I need to set again and again, for each SQLite file.

Thanks for reply 🙂

But still looking for the permanent solution, if there is exist. 

FYI:

"SQLITE_CORRUPT_VTAB": A virtual table might return SQLITE_CORRUPT_VTAB to indicate that content in the virtual table is corrupt (https://www.sqlite.org/rescode.html#corrupt_vtab) Sqlite file getting corrupted.

I don't know why it exactly happening right now, but it is happening while using option "Load". I also do not know yet that it need fix  from your end or mine 🙂 

Working on it but just thought to share with you. Hope will get some pointer toward the solution.

Thanks again

Hi @bisenpiyush,

Glad to hear you found the solution by yourself. Please mark your reply as anser. It's hard to reproduce your scenario because it works sometimes while not for other time.

Thanks,
Angelia

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.