Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

emilesantino
Regular Visitor

open a colleague's power bi dashboard

I am new to Power BI. I currently have the free version of the desktop Power BI.

I am not sure if i have the pro version trail or not, how do i check that .

My main questuion is - Will I need Power BI PRO to open a colleague's power desktop file that they developed. 

im not talking about the web deployment , just the desktop version that i may want to add new visualisation to their work.

Regards

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
MFelix
Super User
Super User

Hi @emilesantino,

The Pro or Free version of PBI is only on the web version and it's related with thew publishing and sharing of dashboards, datasource availability.

The desktop version is free and can be used by all. If you have the PBIX file from your colleague there is no problem in using it in your desktop version however be carefull because some PBIX file made on current version of PBI may not open on previous versions.

Regards,

MFelix

Regards

Miguel Félix

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Check out my blog: Power BI em Português

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
MFelix
Super User
Super User

Hi @emilesantino,

The Pro or Free version of PBI is only on the web version and it's related with thew publishing and sharing of dashboards, datasource availability.

The desktop version is free and can be used by all. If you have the PBIX file from your colleague there is no problem in using it in your desktop version however be carefull because some PBIX file made on current version of PBI may not open on previous versions.

Regards,

MFelix

Regards

Miguel Félix

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Check out my blog: Power BI em Português

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.