Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The ultimate Microsoft Fabric, Power BI, Azure AI & SQL learning event! Join us in Las Vegas from March 26-28, 2024. Use code MSCUST for a $100 discount. Register Now

BI_user
Frequent Visitor

one legend for multiple visuals and group the visuals

I have 3 visuals that I want to group.

I'd like to have 1 legend for these 3 visuals and one common title with subtitles?

Is this possible?3 visuals.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@BI_user Just some thoughts to pursue.

First, create a color theme with all the colors in the order you want. A simple tool to create this JSON theme can be found here at PowerBI.tips. -> Under the Theme Generator (there are multiple versions)

Second, create a bar chart with the legend, and maybe a made of measure with a value of 1. Remove all x/y axis/title etc from the chart but leave the legend.

This can be your overall legend for the 3 visuals, at which point you could disable the legend from all the donut charts. It would also work as a slicer for all of them.

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

@BI_user Just some thoughts to pursue.

First, create a color theme with all the colors in the order you want. A simple tool to create this JSON theme can be found here at PowerBI.tips. -> Under the Theme Generator (there are multiple versions)

Second, create a bar chart with the legend, and maybe a made of measure with a value of 1. Remove all x/y axis/title etc from the chart but leave the legend.

This can be your overall legend for the 3 visuals, at which point you could disable the legend from all the donut charts. It would also work as a slicer for all of them.

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG

Hi @Seth_C_Bauer , I'm giving this a try but after turning everything off, I still see a single dot. If I remove the values from my table, then the legend disappears. Any ideas on what I'm doing wrong? 

Legend.PNG

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, you're on the right track, just need to further configure your 'legend visual' and send it to the back so the others cover the rest and only the legend shows, here's all described in detail:

options to selectoptions to select

Please give it a thumbs up if you find it helpful!

Best,

@Anonymous 

@jpriemer I'll need a bit more information on what your trying to do, what is working. Is it the exact same use case as the orginal request? - And for future reference its always better to create your own thread and reference any old one's in it.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Fabric Community Conference

Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join us at our first-ever Microsoft Fabric Community Conference, March 26-28, 2024 in Las Vegas with 100+ sessions by community experts and Microsoft engineering.