Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
BI_user Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

one legend for multiple visuals and group the visuals

I have 3 visuals that I want to group.

I'd like to have 1 legend for these 3 visuals and one common title with subtitles?

Is this possible?3 visuals.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Super User
Super User

Re: one legend for multiple visuals and group the visuals

@BI_user Just some thoughts to pursue.

First, create a color theme with all the colors in the order you want. A simple tool to create this JSON theme can be found here at PowerBI.tips. -> Under the Theme Generator (there are multiple versions)

Second, create a bar chart with the legend, and maybe a made of measure with a value of 1. Remove all x/y axis/title etc from the chart but leave the legend.

This can be your overall legend for the 3 visuals, at which point you could disable the legend from all the donut charts. It would also work as a slicer for all of them.

Near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG
1 REPLY 1
Super User
Super User

Re: one legend for multiple visuals and group the visuals

@BI_user Just some thoughts to pursue.

First, create a color theme with all the colors in the order you want. A simple tool to create this JSON theme can be found here at PowerBI.tips. -> Under the Theme Generator (there are multiple versions)

Second, create a bar chart with the legend, and maybe a made of measure with a value of 1. Remove all x/y axis/title etc from the chart but leave the legend.

This can be your overall legend for the 3 visuals, at which point you could disable the legend from all the donut charts. It would also work as a slicer for all of them.

Near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG