cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Minty7 Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

omit null values

The data source for a dashboard is excel. The resultset is one value and the rest are null. How do you omit the null value given certain column for a label?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
rajendran Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Re: omit null values

To ans wer your specific needs - If you just need only the Top row always, In Query Editor -> Home Tab- > Keep Rows->Keep Top Rows-> Enter 1 as row, this will keep the top row only.

If you want to apply a filter on column level, you can apply a filter to remove the NULL rows.

Thanks
Raj

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @Minty7,

It seems that you 're using excel as data source. Do you get data from Power BI Service or Power BI Desktop?

What is your data sample like?

I 'm not very clear about your scenario, could you description in more details about your problem? You may could show some screenshots to specify it.

Best Regards,

Cherry

Community Support Team _ Cherry Gao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Minty7 Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

I'm not at my pc to post a screenshot. One of the columns in the excel file only has 1 value. The rest of the rows are blank. This will always be the case for this column. I only want the 1st row. The value will always appear in the 1st row.
rajendran Super Contributor
Super Contributor

To ans wer your specific needs - If you just need only the Top row always, In Query Editor -> Home Tab- > Keep Rows->Keep Top Rows-> Enter 1 as row, this will keep the top row only.

If you want to apply a filter on column level, you can apply a filter to remove the NULL rows.

Thanks
Raj

View solution in original post

Minty7 Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

It wroks, thank you!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Exclusive LIVE Community Event #3 – Ask Arun Anything

Exclusive LIVE Community Event #3 – Ask Arun Anything

Join us in the third Triple A event!

Meet the 2020 Season 1 Power BI Super Users!

Meet the 2020 Season 1 Power BI Super Users!

It’s the start of a new Super User season! Learn all about the new Super Users and brand-new tiered recognition system.

Super User Challenge: Can You Solve These?

Super User Challenge: Can You Solve These?

We're celebrating the start of the New Super User season with our first ever Super User 'Can You Solve These?' challenge.

January 2020 Community Highlights

January 2020 Community Highlights

Make sure you didn't miss any of the things that happened in the community in January!

Top Solution Authors