Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

mpesec
Frequent Visitor

% of total per team and per Team members, Month and Quarter

Hi
I am working with Utilization and Billable Report for 3 teams and I would like to show % trending Stacked Column and Line chart that shows number of hours (Billable, NonBillable and NonBillableProd)

Excample

Team          Billable       Non Billable     Non Billable Prod      Total

Team 1      63%                  28%                    9%                    100%

Team 2       89%                  8%                      3%                    100%

Team 3        79%                  9%                    12                      100%

Total           72%                  19%                    9%                    100%

I am able to show percentages in Matrix table (display percentage of total in raw) but when I am trying to show the % in Stacked Column Chart and in Line Chart (Trending per team) It does not work as I expected.

I would like to show trended percentages data per team, per team member, Quarter, month and year.

I Added aditional column BillableType that selects what is Billable, NonBillable and NonBillableProd.

I would be gratefull for any help or suggestion how to show it.

4 REPLIES 4
Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

So like the attached PBIX? I unpivoted your columns.

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
The Definitive Guide to Power Query (M)

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

I created table in Power BI (Matrix table)

in that table I have data from last 5 month and would like to show trending per month (also quarter) per team ( also per employee).

IS there calculation that I could calculate "Total" Reported hours that would depends from what do I have selcted in Clicers (Team, Month, Team member, Quarter) and then the % value would be depended from the slicers (filtes chosen)

Really need to see some sample source data. I do not see anything in your data posted that references month, quarter, etc. Please see this post regarding How to Get Your Question Answered Quickly: https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Community-Blog/How-to-Get-Your-Question-Answered-Quickly/ba-p/38490

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
The Definitive Guide to Power Query (M)

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

I have all data in 2 tables (TeamData) and Employee Data

Team Data has columns

Data, Reported HRS, Project, Employee,  Project Type, and then I created additional Columns Billability Type (Billable, Non Billable, NonBillablePRod), Quarter, FY and Q, FY/Q and Month.
Employee Table I have columns; Employee, location and Team.
I connected tables with Employee Column.

from this data I created dasboard and I got that Metrix  Table with data that are shown in %.

Now, what would need is to show trending chart for last 4 months for Billabile for Team1 and that each month % for Billable... 

At the moment I can create that but the percentages are shown as percentages of Total Reported (percentages in amonth do not add up to 100%)

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.