cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mpesec
Frequent Visitor

% of total per team and per Team members, Month and Quarter

Hi
I am working with Utilization and Billable Report for 3 teams and I would like to show % trending Stacked Column and Line chart that shows number of hours (Billable, NonBillable and NonBillableProd)

Excample

Team          Billable       Non Billable     Non Billable Prod      Total

Team 1      63%                  28%                    9%                    100%

Team 2       89%                  8%                      3%                    100%

Team 3        79%                  9%                    12                      100%

Total           72%                  19%                    9%                    100%

I am able to show percentages in Matrix table (display percentage of total in raw) but when I am trying to show the % in Stacked Column Chart and in Line Chart (Trending per team) It does not work as I expected.

I would like to show trended percentages data per team, per team member, Quarter, month and year.

I Added aditional column BillableType that selects what is Billable, NonBillable and NonBillableProd.

I would be gratefull for any help or suggestion how to show it.

4 REPLIES 4
Greg_Deckler
Super User IV
Super User IV

So like the attached PBIX? I unpivoted your columns.

---------------------------------------

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!

I have a NEW book! 
DAX Cookbook from Packt
Over 120 DAX Recipes!

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

I created table in Power BI (Matrix table)

in that table I have data from last 5 month and would like to show trending per month (also quarter) per team ( also per employee).

IS there calculation that I could calculate "Total" Reported hours that would depends from what do I have selcted in Clicers (Team, Month, Team member, Quarter) and then the % value would be depended from the slicers (filtes chosen)

Really need to see some sample source data. I do not see anything in your data posted that references month, quarter, etc. Please see this post regarding How to Get Your Question Answered Quickly: https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Community-Blog/How-to-Get-Your-Question-Answered-Quickly/ba-p/38490

---------------------------------------

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!

I have a NEW book! 
DAX Cookbook from Packt
Over 120 DAX Recipes!

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

I have all data in 2 tables (TeamData) and Employee Data

Team Data has columns

Data, Reported HRS, Project, Employee,  Project Type, and then I created additional Columns Billability Type (Billable, Non Billable, NonBillablePRod), Quarter, FY and Q, FY/Q and Month.
Employee Table I have columns; Employee, location and Team.
I connected tables with Employee Column.

from this data I created dasboard and I got that Metrix  Table with data that are shown in %.

Now, what would need is to show trending chart for last 4 months for Billabile for Team1 and that each month % for Billable... 

At the moment I can create that but the percentages are shown as percentages of Total Reported (percentages in amonth do not add up to 100%)

Helpful resources

Announcements
User Groups Public Preview

Join us for our User Group Public Preview!

Power BI User Groups are coming! Make sure you’re among the first to know when user groups go live for public preview.

March Update

Check it Out!

Click here to read more about the March 2021 Updates!

secondImage

The largest Power BI virtual conference

100+ sessions, 100+ speakers, Product managers, MVPs, and experts. All about Power BI. Attend online or watch the recordings.