Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

rpinxt
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

% of total from what is visible due to a filter

Ok I made a calculation item in Tabular Editor to switch between Absolute and % view.

Now this works like a sharm and the % logic looks like this:

DIVIDE( SELECTEDMEASURE(), CALCULATE( SELECTEDMEASURE(), REMOVEFILTERS(AgeingBuckets) ) )

So on the visual we have a filter on AgeingBuckets.

Now this is a stacked column chart and this looks like:

rpinxt_0-1648731736188.png

So as you see in the last column the total is 0,33 (33%) and that is correct because the other buckets are hidden.

Now I want yet another percentage calculation that is based on the fact hat what I see is 100%.

The 0,33 should be 1. So the total that is visible should be the denominator and not all in that column.

Could I achieve this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
rpinxt
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

@amitchandak thought I responded already yesterday to you to ask more clarification but looks like it was not posted 😞

However I now found the solution.

This gets me what I was looking for :

DIVIDE( SELECTEDMEASURE(), CALCULATE( SELECTEDMEASURE(), ALLSELECTED(AgeingBuckets) ) )

Thanks for replying.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
rpinxt
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

@amitchandak thought I responded already yesterday to you to ask more clarification but looks like it was not posted 😞

However I now found the solution.

This gets me what I was looking for :

DIVIDE( SELECTEDMEASURE(), CALCULATE( SELECTEDMEASURE(), ALLSELECTED(AgeingBuckets) ) )

Thanks for replying.

rpinxt
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

@amitchandak not sure what you mean with "total label from stacked visual" but the total that you see above the stacked chart is nowhere in my calculations. It is just in the format settings of my visual.

I also have a slicer in which can set the units to EUR, USD or quantity units.

So that is what selected value is.

These calucations are a SUM of the corresponding values field in the table.

The only thing what "breaks up" the amount is the Ageing Bucket.

But the higher (green) buckets we are not showing but this calculation is still taking those in the denominator of the divide function.

Was hoping there is a smart way to divide the ageing bucket amount thru only the total ageing bucket amounts that are visible.

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@rpinxt , I you are using total label from stacked visual , I doubt that can help much. You can create a measure and used stacked line visual (use that measure as line) and then you make line width 0 from the shape

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.