Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

aalfa
Frequent Visitor

% of Subtotal for each Group

I am having trouble understanding some other responses to topics of this nature. Can someone please explain in simple terms how to get Power BI to get a % of a subtotal?

In the image below, I want the % of USI hours for all hours under Cash on Hand (204/682 = 26%).

Thank you,

Alex

2017-08-25_12-49-46.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

To provide a little more instruction on how to perform this see below:

1. Create quick measure - Total for category (filters not applied)

2. Chose the hours as the base value, and the field you want to filter by for the category

3. Create another quick measure - Division

4. Use your original column as numerator, and first quick measure as denominator

5. This new quick measure will give you the value you  desire if you "show value as.." % of Grand Total

2017-08-25_16-53-21.jpg

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
JayHerrera
Advocate I
Advocate I

Have you tried using Quick Measures..?

To provide a little more instruction on how to perform this see below:

1. Create quick measure - Total for category (filters not applied)

2. Chose the hours as the base value, and the field you want to filter by for the category

3. Create another quick measure - Division

4. Use your original column as numerator, and first quick measure as denominator

5. This new quick measure will give you the value you  desire if you "show value as.." % of Grand Total

2017-08-25_16-53-21.jpg

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.