Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Robfen1
Frequent Visitor

% of Sales Calculation

Hello! My first post - New to Dax, apologies if this has been answered many times before. I have a table of General Ledger data and account detail level by date. It has summary/parent tags which are driving my Matrix table in Power BI. I want to calculate % of Sales column for each month of the report. 

EG sum of sales products totals to 100% (total sales)

Cogs items totals to say 50%

Commission would be 10%

There are total of two tables which drive my Matrix report.  There is grouping relationship by account which allows me to compress the account list - this works fine.

I have a total sales measure but this does not account for any time period

Amount for Income =
CALCULATE(SUM('qryP&L'[Amount]), 'qryP&L'[Account Type] IN { "Income" })

happy for any guidance:)

Thanks!

5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

Is pretty easy to make this, but can you spare a small section of your table, that way we can deliver the exactly measure need to be used.

Try not to send a picture, to make easy to answer.

I don't see how to add clearer content...

Any advice?

@Anonymous wrote:

Hello,

Is pretty easy to make this, but can you spare a small section of your table, that way we can deliver the exactly measure need to be used.

Try not to send a picture, to make easy to answer.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Normally I copy from a Excel sheet and paste where.

Transaction table: Account Type Account Class Name Date Currency Amount Foreign Amount Geography Income SPECTRUM SALES ATS SALES:Alberta Richelieu Building Specialties 6/01/18 CAD 6750 6750 Alberta Group Table Account Type Account Grouping Cost of Goods Sold COGS-ATS Assembly Cost of Sales Cost of Goods Sold COGS-Franke Canada Cost of Sales From Pivot Table/Similar to the Matrix Report Constructed in PBI 2018 Qtr2 Row Labels Jun Income 1,760,060 100% Cost of Goods Sold (854,823) 50% Expense (248,510) 10% Expanded by components Income 1,760,060 ABC 551,220 DEF 550,310 HIJ 165,832 XYZ 66,776 ....

Well that is unhelpful

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.