cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Robfen1 Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

% of Sales Calculation

Hello! My first post - New to Dax, apologies if this has been answered many times before. I have a table of General Ledger data and account detail level by date. It has summary/parent tags which are driving my Matrix table in Power BI. I want to calculate % of Sales column for each month of the report. 

EG sum of sales products totals to 100% (total sales)

Cogs items totals to say 50%

Commission would be 10%

There are total of two tables which drive my Matrix report.  There is grouping relationship by account which allows me to compress the account list - this works fine.

I have a total sales measure but this does not account for any time period

Amount for Income =
CALCULATE(SUM('qryP&L'[Amount]), 'qryP&L'[Account Type] IN { "Income" })

happy for any guidance:)

Thanks!

5 REPLIES 5
diogoblunck Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Re: % of Sales Calculation

Hello,

Is pretty easy to make this, but can you spare a small section of your table, that way we can deliver the exactly measure need to be used.

Try not to send a picture, to make easy to answer.

Robfen1 Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Transaction table: Account Type Account Class Name Date Currency Amount Foreign Amount Geography Income SPECTRUM SALES ATS SALES:Alberta Richelieu Building Specialties 6/01/18 CAD 6750 6750 Alberta Group Table Account Type Account Grouping Cost of Goods Sold COGS-ATS Assembly Cost of Sales Cost of Goods Sold COGS-Franke Canada Cost of Sales From Pivot Table/Similar to the Matrix Report Constructed in PBI 2018 Qtr2 Row Labels Jun Income 1,760,060 100% Cost of Goods Sold (854,823) 50% Expense (248,510) 10% Expanded by components Income 1,760,060 ABC 551,220 DEF 550,310 HIJ 165,832 XYZ 66,776 ....
Robfen1 Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Well that is unhelpful

Robfen1 Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

I don't see how to add clearer content...

Any advice?

@diogoblunck wrote:

Hello,

Is pretty easy to make this, but can you spare a small section of your table, that way we can deliver the exactly measure need to be used.

Try not to send a picture, to make easy to answer.

Highlighted
diogoblunck Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Normally I copy from a Excel sheet and paste where.

Helpful resources

Announcements
October 2019 Community Highlights

October 2019 Community Highlights

October was a busy month in the community. Read the recap article to learn about some of the events and content.

New Badges

Incoming: New and Improved Badges

Exciting news: We've given our badges an overhaul and added brand news ones.

Ask Amir Anything

Exclusive LIVE Community Event No. 2 – Ask Amir Anything

Next in our Triple A series: Ask Amir Netz questions about the latest updates, features and future.

Analytics in Azure virtual event

Analytics in Azure virtual event

Experience a limitless analytics service built to ingest, prep, manage, and serve data for immediate use in Power BI.

Users Online
Currently online: 134 members 1,649 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: