Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Tuan
Helper III
Helper III

% of Row

Been trying to figure this out. I have Row data that has Sales and Expenses in the same column but on the row level. I'm trying to figure out how to get a % of Sales.

I want the Sales value to be repeated down the rows so I can do a % of Sales. When I try doing All or Allexcept it doesn't account for my year slicer.

Gross Sales (GL) = SUMX(FILTER('Gross To Net','Gross To Net'[Transaction Type]="Gross Sales"),'Gross To Net'[GL_POSTING_BASE_BALANCE])

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@Tuan add a measure 

Trade Expense % = 
DIVIDE (
 CALCULATE ( SUM ( Table[Amount] ), Table[Transaction Type] = "Trade Expense" ),
 CALCULATE ( SUM ( Table[Amount] ), Table[Transaction Type] = "Gross Sales )
)

and change this measure format to %, you can make the changes to the above expression to meet your business needs.

I would  Kudos if my solution helped. 👉 If you can spend time posting the question, you can also make efforts to give Kudos whoever helped to solve your problem. It is a token of appreciation!

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Tuan , Not sure this is what you need. But in Matrix, you can right click on value under visualization tab and choose % of row total

RowTotalPercent.png

Not quite. I want % of another row value.

Maybe this picture will help. I want the Trade Expense to be a % of Gross Sales.

image.png

@Tuan add a measure 

Trade Expense % = 
DIVIDE (
 CALCULATE ( SUM ( Table[Amount] ), Table[Transaction Type] = "Trade Expense" ),
 CALCULATE ( SUM ( Table[Amount] ), Table[Transaction Type] = "Gross Sales )
)

and change this measure format to %, you can make the changes to the above expression to meet your business needs.

I would  Kudos if my solution helped. 👉 If you can spend time posting the question, you can also make efforts to give Kudos whoever helped to solve your problem. It is a token of appreciation!

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

mahoneypat
Employee
Employee

A sample of your data (or mock data), along with the desired output would help you get a solution to your scenario.

Regards,

Pat

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! Kudos are also appreciated!

To learn more about Power BI, follow me on Twitter or subscribe on YouTube.

@mahoneypa HoosierBI on YouTube

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.