Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Lorraine
Helper I
Helper I

% of Growth with Alpha Value

Hi!

Working on something where I need a percent growth between different tests. What we want to see change on is an alpha value though, so not sure how to work out how we can show the change. 

growth.PNG

Here's an example. Right now we have 3 different tests that are labeled as windows. The 1st was an "I" then for the 2nd and 3rd they have a "J". So they moved up a level for the 2nd window but not the 3rd. Is there a way we can have this displayed, and also have a percentage of individuals who moved up a level?

Thanks!

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
tex628
Community Champion
Community Champion

Try this: 

First a calculated column to get an index, assuming you window column works as it seems:

Index = RIGHT(Test[Window];1)

Then i make another calculated column:

Upgrade = 
VAR index = Test[Index]
Return
IF(CALCULATE(SELECTEDVALUE(Test[Ind. Level]);ALL(Test);Test[Index]=index-1) = BLANK() ; "No Upgrade" ;
IF(
    CALCULATE(SELECTEDVALUE(Test[Ind. Level]);Test[Index]=index) <> CALCULATE(SELECTEDVALUE(Test[Ind. Level]);ALL(Test);Test[Index]=index-1) ; 
    "Upgrade"
    ; 
    "No Upgrade" 
))
This calculates based on index, assuming that you have more than one person participating in these tests you will need to implement that into the index so that it looks at each person/window individually.

Hope this helps! 🙂

image.png

Connect on LinkedIn

View solution in original post

tex628
Community Champion
Community Champion

That implies that there you are comparing text with number format! I think it's the new index column that is in text format and not number. Change it to number and see if it works! 

Connect on LinkedIn

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
tex628
Community Champion
Community Champion

Try this: 

First a calculated column to get an index, assuming you window column works as it seems:

Index = RIGHT(Test[Window];1)

Then i make another calculated column:

Upgrade = 
VAR index = Test[Index]
Return
IF(CALCULATE(SELECTEDVALUE(Test[Ind. Level]);ALL(Test);Test[Index]=index-1) = BLANK() ; "No Upgrade" ;
IF(
    CALCULATE(SELECTEDVALUE(Test[Ind. Level]);Test[Index]=index) <> CALCULATE(SELECTEDVALUE(Test[Ind. Level]);ALL(Test);Test[Index]=index-1) ; 
    "Upgrade"
    ; 
    "No Upgrade" 
))
This calculates based on index, assuming that you have more than one person participating in these tests you will need to implement that into the index so that it looks at each person/window individually.

Hope this helps! 🙂

image.png

Connect on LinkedIn

Hi!

From the screenshot you have on the bottom that upgrade column is what I'm looking for. I'm having trouble with creating the columns though, not sure if I need to follow yours exactly or edit it. 

growth 2.PNG

Hi @Lorraine 

Please replace ";" with ","

Best Regards

Maggie

Hi @v-juanli-msft 

I replaced it with a comma and was able to get that first column. 

For that second column that @tex628 created I was getting a similar error so I replaced the semicolons with commas again. Now I'm getting this error:

growth 3.PNG

tex628
Community Champion
Community Champion

That implies that there you are comparing text with number format! I think it's the new index column that is in text format and not number. Change it to number and see if it works! 

Connect on LinkedIn

It did, thank you!

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.