Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Retha
Regular Visitor

objects missing with live connect to SSAS

I'm using live to connect to a multidimensional cube on SSAS, but not all my dimensions are visible. When I use import all of the missing one are available.

Why is that, and what can I do to add the missing objects?

Or am I missing something?

11 REPLIES 11
v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

@Retha

How about you use Excel to connect to SSAS? Do you get all dimensions?

Regards,
Lydia

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

@v-yuezhe-msft, yes I get all dimensions when I connect with Excel to SSAS. I even get all testing with import. It is just with live that I'm experiencing the issue.

@Retha,

Do you use the latest version of Power BI Desktop(2.52.4921.682 )?If so, clear cache in Power BI Desktop and check if the issue still occurs.
1.JPG

If the issue persists, I recommend you reboot machine, re-install Power BI Desktop.

Regards,
Lydia

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Lydia

Thanks for the response.

I did clear the cache and rebooted my machine, but the issue are still there.

Will try the re-install now, and see what happens.

Retha
Regular Visitor

Also reinstalled and rebooted, but no luck.

@Retha,

I am unable to reproduce this issue, I would recommend you open a support ticket on the support.powerbi.com site.

Regards,
Lydia

Lydia,

Thanks for the suggestion, I will log a call.

WolfBiber
Employee
Employee

Hey,

have a look to the documentation in section 

Supported Features of SSAS MD in Power BI Desktop

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/desktop-ssas-multidimensional

Had a look, but nothing there to explain why some dimensions (created the same way) are not pulling through with live

Maybe a perspective or security Problem? 

I have no trouble working with live connection and SSAS MD

Thanks for the response. I'm not sure as 99% of my dimensions and hierarchies does pull through it is just 2 of them that doesn't. If I use Excel, Proclarity and import they do pull through. 

Unfortunately I cannot use import, as the amount of data is moer than 1 GB.

Do you think it could be the size of the cube?

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.