Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

not clickable URL

hello, 

I did create a dax measure in order to return a web url in power bi report but the url in not clickble? The measure is like that: url = "https......" &MAX('Table'[ Column]), I get the right items id from my data, but the URL is no clickble.

I,ll be greatful if somebody can help me!

11 REPLIES 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Smalfly maybe the formulate should be smth else? And I notice rigth now sthm else, these not clickble link are not correct 😞 I data is from azure devops and I need to link each Item to responding item /link in azure devops from power bi.

Could be but you mentioned that you get the right ID from your data. Is the resulting URL correct, as in can you copy-paste it and use it in your browser?

You might also want to check this blogpost for an example of a working URL.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Smalfly no And I notice that rigth now, these not clickble link are not correct 😞 fact : my data is from azure devops and I need to link each Item to responding item /link in azure devops from power bi.

Good that you identified the underlying problem 😊

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Smalfly Yes, indeed, but I have no idea how to find the right link.... since my backlog has several board and these title are in diffrent boards, and even I  have th eepic, feature as well?

I won't be able to help you with that. Sorry.

You might want to start a different topic for that and make clear in your topic subject that you need help in constructing an URL instead of help with an unclickable URL. That will increase the chances that the right people see your topic.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Smalfly Thank you for your advice. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes @Smalfly , I did change the data type, and also I forgot to mention that in my data I don,t have any URL column, I create it by DAX meaure, and these not clickable url that I get are connected to my work items.

And when you say it is not clickable, did you test in Power BI desktop or in a published report?

I remember that I once had the same issue in Desktop but after publishing, it worked fine.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Smalfly  both and still same problem.

Smalfly
Resolver III
Resolver III

Hi @Anonymous ,

did you define your column/measure as a web URL?

You can check/change that in the data view:

Smalfly_1-1666859331844.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.