Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Ramendra
Helper IV
Helper IV

not able to extract all raws from dashboard

I have created table like below using more than two table with relationship in power bi dashboard.

Now the count 380 is correct but when i fetch it in excel then it shows only 367 raws.

Not able to understand where are remaining raws with data.

Can some one please help to know the reason.

Count.JPG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @Ramendra ,

Difficult to be certain without seeing your model set up and data, but my guess would be that you are displaying a measure in your table visual which, in some instances, produces a blank result. In these cases, the table visual will automatically suppress rows where the measure value resolves to blank.

Your example showing the Total of 380 rows may be misleading. The Total row isn't a sum of all the displayed rows in the table, it is the measure in that column evaluated over an unfiltered dataset. Therefore, your Total row says you have 380 entries that have a serial number in the data (correct), but there's actually only 367 of them where a displayed measure in the table doesn't resolve to blank (also correct).

You can try right-clicking on one of the dimensions in the table field list and selecting 'Show items with no data'. This should resolve your export issue, but will prevent the table visual from grouping and suppressing rows as intended and may lead to visual output that is not fit for your purpose.

You can also check that any numerical fields that are displayed in your table visual have the correct/desired aggregation. Numerical fields used in visuals will usually default to a 'Sum' aggregation, but this can also be negated by right-clicking on the field as above and selecting 'Don't summarize'. Again, this may lead to visual output that does not fit your requirements.

Pete

Now accepting Kudos! If my post helped you, why not give it a thumbs-up?

Proud to be a Datanaut!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
BA_Pete
Super User
Super User

Hi @Ramendra ,

I assume you mean you are exporting the table to Excel from Power BI?

If so, are you exporting summarised data or underlying data? If summarised, try underlying. This should give you the full data behind the table.

Pete

Proud to be a Datanaut!

@BA_Pete 

Yes I export this from power bi to excel. 

But if I take data from a single source table in this table view then it export total rows. 

But if I add other column from second source table in this table then export does not have all raws

Hi @Ramendra ,

Difficult to be certain without seeing your model set up and data, but my guess would be that you are displaying a measure in your table visual which, in some instances, produces a blank result. In these cases, the table visual will automatically suppress rows where the measure value resolves to blank.

Your example showing the Total of 380 rows may be misleading. The Total row isn't a sum of all the displayed rows in the table, it is the measure in that column evaluated over an unfiltered dataset. Therefore, your Total row says you have 380 entries that have a serial number in the data (correct), but there's actually only 367 of them where a displayed measure in the table doesn't resolve to blank (also correct).

You can try right-clicking on one of the dimensions in the table field list and selecting 'Show items with no data'. This should resolve your export issue, but will prevent the table visual from grouping and suppressing rows as intended and may lead to visual output that is not fit for your purpose.

You can also check that any numerical fields that are displayed in your table visual have the correct/desired aggregation. Numerical fields used in visuals will usually default to a 'Sum' aggregation, but this can also be negated by right-clicking on the field as above and selecting 'Don't summarize'. Again, this may lead to visual output that does not fit your requirements.

Pete

Proud to be a Datanaut!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.