Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

stephen_powerbi

new sql server view not showing in source

Hopefully I am correctly articulating my issue as I am very new to PowerBI.  I have downloaded a pbix file and I have created a new SQL view in SQL Server to replace the SQL view that is currently being used in the report.  How do I replace the old View reference with the new View?  I have tried to change the name in the Advanced Editor but that got me no where.  I clicked on Source and it is showing a listing of all of the Tables/Views except the new one that I just created.

Thank you.

3 REPLIES 3
stephen_powerbi

Couldn't get the Advance editor to see the new view, but creating a new pbix did the trick.  Wish I didn't need to create a new pbix.  We're not pursuing this line of thought at this time.  So, thank you anyway for your answers.

v-xiaotang
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @stephen_powerbi 

If I remember correctly, after you have added fields to your data source, the new fields will not automatically sync to PowerBI Desktop, you will need to go to the Advanced Editor and add the fields manually. A quicker way to do this is to create a new pbix and connect to the sql data source, select the relevant content in its Advanced Editor and copy it into the old pbix file.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _Tang

If this post helps, please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@stephen_powerbi , The new one should show in the list, or modified the code in the Advance editor with your view

Something to similar

How to Change Connection Details https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=59PUFuuCrbY

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.