Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Applicable88
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

new powerbi search ribbon

Hello,

I have PowerBi Version 2.92. Long after the February Release. There is this new Search Ribbon Function which I still dont have which came out already in Feburary. And I just installed the newest version a few days ago.

Anyone has an idea?

Best.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
v-eqin-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Applicable88 ,

I have tested it with the same version of Power BI Desktop, Search ribbon worked fine on my side.

search ribbon.jpg

Please try to first press Alt + Windows Key to activate keytips, then enter Q to see if the search ribbon will appear.

alt+win.jpg

Best Regards,
Eyelyn Qin
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

v-eqin-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi  @Applicable88 ,

According to the official document, this feature is only available in English (United States) right now.

I have tested it with different regions(such as French), the Search ribbon is not available.

region.PNG

without Q.jpg

Best Regards,
Eyelyn Qin
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
v-eqin-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi  @Applicable88 ,

According to the official document, this feature is only available in English (United States) right now.

I have tested it with different regions(such as French), the Search ribbon is not available.

region.PNG

without Q.jpg

Best Regards,
Eyelyn Qin

v-eqin-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Applicable88 ,

I have tested it with the same version of Power BI Desktop, Search ribbon worked fine on my side.

search ribbon.jpg

Please try to first press Alt + Windows Key to activate keytips, then enter Q to see if the search ribbon will appear.

alt+win.jpg

Best Regards,
Eyelyn Qin

Hi @v-eqin-msft ,

thanks for the effort. Seems to be a very useful tool,  I hope it gets also implemented in other language packs soon. 

Best.

Hello @v-eqin-msft ,

as expected there is no keytip for "Q" even set. It stops with the last one tab what is "Y2" in your case. I guess Search ribbon is not implemented with all languages yet.  

Fowmy
Super User
Super User

@Applicable88 

Can you try installing the April 2021 version, I am able to see the search box on the title bar.

Fowmy_0-1619879429230.png

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! and hit thumbs up

Subscribe and learn Power BI from these videos

Website LinkedIn PBI User Group

Applicable88
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

Nope, no ribbon.

And its even newer:

Version: 2.92.943.0 64-bit (April 2021)

Applicable88_0-1619880057151.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors