Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

ahhollan
Helper I
Helper I

need to chart covid vs non-covid work orders year over year

I need a report that shows the monthly comparisons of # of covid work orders vs non-covid work orders but also shows the data for each fiscal year. I'm assuming this would be some sort of line chart, but can't seem to get it to work. I can get the monthly values for covid vs non-covid, but it won't show year over year. I'm a beginner!! Thanks for the patience and help.

4 REPLIES 4
RandyPgh
Resolver III
Resolver III

This "Guy in a Cube" video might help. If not, let me know.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2f7dYB1l84g&t=231s

I think this is a start. I created a matrix that shows the values by month and year. I just cant' figure out how to turn that into a line chart. Below is a picture of my matrix.

ahhollan_0-1611528001989.png

@ahhollan I think you can put Month or Year in Axis, Covid/Non-Covid column in Legend, count of work orders in Values of a line chart?

iXpert_info
Helper II
Helper II

Hey @ahhollan 

You need to create separate measures for Each year for Covid and Non covid separately and  
or 
You can have a Matrix visual where you can have Attribute column which shows Covid and Non - Covid work order as Rows and then Put Columns Month,Year respectively. put values as count of work orders and it should work better

If you can share sample data I can show you the example in detail

Did I answer your question? Please mark this as solution

Best Regards
Jay Patel
iXpert Analytics

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.