Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

brendanbe

need help with a formula

Hi All,

wondering if someone would be able to help me with a solution to this problem i am having.

i have a sales table bit like the below and im looking for a way to call out if the customer has sales via the Online channel and also Sales via the Counter Channel.

Sales Channel

Customer Name        Online               Counter

ABC                                   1M                       500K

DEF                                    2M                       300K

10 REPLIES 10
Tahreem24
Super User
Super User

Hi @brendanbe ,

Could you please also share the expected result?

Don't forget to give thumbs up and accept this as a solution if it helped you!!!

Please take a quick glance at newly created dashboards : Restaurant Management Dashboard , HR Analytics Report , Hotel Management Report, Sales Analysis Report , Fortune 500 Companies Analysis , Revenue Tracking Dashboard
ZunzunUOC
Resolver III
Resolver III

Hi @brendanbe , Which is the result that you want?

hi @ZunzunUOC ,

looking for something like when the customer has sales via the online channel and also over the counter that in a new column i can call them out as needing a call from me vs if the only have sales via online i dont need to call them.

hope that makes sense

Hi @brendanbe ,

Please let me know you wanted something like "Result Column" in attached screen shot? 

"-1" indicate that Customer has sales in either channel.

res.PNG

Don't forget to give thumbs up and accept this as a solution if it helped you!!!

Please take a quick glance at newly created dashboards : Restaurant Management Dashboard , HR Analytics Report , Hotel Management Report, Sales Analysis Report , Fortune 500 Companies Analysis , Revenue Tracking Dashboard

Hi @brendanbe,

Yeah, You can filter out those "-1" values. Please use the below calculation for your expected result.  And mark this answer as a solution :).

I hope I answered  your question.

res.PNG

Hi @brendanbe ,

Please Mark this as a solution 🙂 .

hi @Tahreem24 ,

its not working for my scenario case. below is an exmaple of my matrix table.

the B2B ORDER is equilavent to Online Sales and Counter Sales is further to the right on the scroll bar.

my data is also loaded from a SQL database and my sales channel is a Measured column in itself

sales.png

2019-07-18_1546.png

hi @Tahreem24,

yes i think something like that could work. if it could be text even better.

Hi @brendanbe ,

It's not possible to use Number and text values in a single column. That's why instead of text I marked the value as "-1" for those customers who is having sales in either channel.

hi @Tahreem24 ,

that should be ok, if the customer has -1 i want to be able to hide those customers so they dont show in my table anyway.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.