Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

need help to enlist some data using Filter & Summerzie

Hi there,

i have a working measure that enlist the count of Handlers of Certain Product based on customer IDs.

i want to change the formula to give me detailed customer Number rather count of handlers i am using BI with cloud solution so my limitation is that i cant create any tabel or coulmn in the Database.

i am using this formula for count help me custustomise the formula to enlist the Customer IDs and names in another table

Unique Handler = FILTER

(SUMMARIZE

(Customer,Customer[Customer_Number],"A",CALCULATE(SalesOrder[Total_Net_Of_Sales_Quantity],'Unit Of Measure'[Value]="Packs")),[A]>0))

Regards, for your kind help.

5 REPLIES 5
Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

I do not see how that formula returns a count. Looks like it returns a table. So, use CONCATENATEX perhaps to list out the ID's?

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
The Definitive Guide to Power Query (M)

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...
Anonymous
Not applicable

Dear Greg,

First of all Gratitude for sparing your precious time to reply my question. the problem is i am a newbie in world of BI Tools plus unfortunatly i am Sales Manager and trying to learn BIs on Day in & out.

i owuld really appricate if you can guide me on the Fromula structure as the CONCATENATEX to me is the formula to bring in 2 results into 1 Cell or 1 result. 

yet what i want is my system Looks up for my Customer IDS in to Sales & enlists the customers based on their purchase and return me the list of Customer IDS.

like i have 100 Customer while only 10 have purchase this far then the forumla should list down IDS of 10 Customers.

and if i target the sky i would really appricate if i can add FILTER formula into measure to see if the customer has purchase more then once like in 10 customers 

1 have 2 customers that have purchased 3 times

4 customers that have purchased 4 times etc. what i have done right now is i changed the filter in the end to get the results by frequency like for 1 timers formula is 

FILTER(SUMMARIZE(Customer,Customer[Customer_Number],"A",CALCULATE(SalesOrder[Total_Net_Of_Sales_Quantity],'Unit Of Measure'[Value]="Packs")),[A]>0))

for two timers 

FILTER(SUMMARIZE(Customer,Customer[Customer_Number],"A",CALCULATE(SalesOrder[Total_Net_Of_Sales_Quantity],'Unit Of Measure'[Value]="Packs")),[A]>1))

now the challenge is it gives me right nos (like 10 customers more then 1 or 2) yet i cant pull the customer IDs out of the system.

Thanks for reading this much hop i have cleared my porblem but if you need any more clarity would be more then honored to write back.

Regards,

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hellow there,

if you can help me on the above stated Problem then PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE help me to cutsomse the above formula to get this result also

Orignal Result of Formula in BI

Handlers Orignal.PNG

What i actually want is

desired result handlers.PNG

Please guide if you can help me or ask me question if you need anymore clairty

Anonymous
Not applicable

Dear Bro,

Really appricate your knid responce & solution yet the problem in by BI Dashbaord is that the Group Option is not selectable Maybe cas i am working on an online source rather importing data directly into BI. i have attached a screensot for your kind review.

i dont have the traditional options like Tables & Relationships also.

group not avalible.PNG

would really appriciate if you can help me find a workaround solution.

Regards,

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.