Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Xj5

natural query

Hi all. I am using the book Introducing Microsoft Power BI to learn to use the tool. It comes with sample spreadsheet so that you can work in BI and learn by doing, which is great. However, they are using the Basic version of BI, which includes something called, "Natural Language Queries" where you just type in what you want BI to analyze, and it gives you that chart as well as suggestions for others.

I am using the Desktop BI and I do not find this function.

I guess I need to know if this type of simple query is available in the Desktop version, or if maybe I should switch to the more basic version to familiarize myself with the tool.

Appreciate any help! 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-chuncz-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@Xj5,

You may take a look at Q&A for report creation (preview).

Community Support Team _ Sam Zha
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-chuncz-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@Xj5,

You may take a look at Q&A for report creation (preview).

Community Support Team _ Sam Zha
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

I am really new to Power BI, so I downloaded the book Introduction to Power BI and it's related workbooks. I seem to have a problem interfacing between the desktop version and the cloud version, in that, what I do in the Cloud version isn't always replicated in my desktop version. I tried to go back and just install the basic version of BI, which is what the book works in, but each time I am just prompted to reload the desktop. I have learned that when I publish, I get to the cloud version.

Actual question: So, ultimately our organization will be working with the Desktop version, but for learning purposes, should I uninstall desktop and go back and install just the basic version?. I have BI installed on my work and home computers, as my work duties don't allow for extended learning periods. I am able to replicate everything they have taught so far, but I would think there is an easier way. Also, any suggestions that would speed up and assist the learning curve would be great also. I've watched hours of videos, but we have no one in our large organization except four people who are learning the tool, and it's both amazing, and frustrating. Sorry for the long post. Appreciate your help. Thanks

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.