Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

mysql append query error

good afternoon master

I hope everything goes well for you, again I have to bother you with a question.
I'm connecting power bi to a MySql database, the tables are raised correctly, but at the time of making an "append Queries" I get an error that I have not overcome, is shown in the image

Thank you in advance for any help you can give me

error append query.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

I still do not know the main cause of this error, but the solution is once the necessary transformations are made, in the attached query change the name of the columns, then load correctly, I hope this can be useful to other people. Thank you

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I still do not know the main cause of this error, but the solution is once the necessary transformations are made, in the attached query change the name of the columns, then load correctly, I hope this can be useful to other people. Thank you

Hi @Anonymous,

Could you please specify how did you solve this? I am having exactly the same problem.

On the other hand, this still needs to be solved, I have tried different things, append is the only problematic operation which is weird.

Anonymous
Not applicable

hi @aarola

If the error you have is the same that appears in the attached screens what I did was to make the append of the tables in power query
naturally for these to be loaded if they come from different systems have to have the same column name
After they are merged correctly you change the name to the identifier of the column and it should work
apparently it is a topic related to language I suggest you look at the regional configuration of the machine
I hope to be helpful

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have the same issue with an uptodate version. 

In my case I can make it works with 2 tables but when I add 3rd table I get the same error as you. 

Where did you change the column name ? In the original table or in the new table created after the append ? 

Thanks for your help

gaful

Got it, works perfectly. Thank you so much! In my case, I just had to edit column's names of additional custom columns.

Hi @Anonymous - thanks a lot for posting the solution to this. Was going crazy trying to fix this - but your solution of just renaming a single column after doing the append made it work.

Thank you!

v-ljerr-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @Anonymous,

What version of Power BI Desktop are you using? It seems to be that you're using an old version. So could you try using the latest version of Power BI Desktop to see if the "Append Queries" works? Smiley Happy

Regards

Anonymous
Not applicable

@v-ljerr-msft hello, I hope you are well, annex the version I am using of power bi, I still can not overcome this problem, I appreciate any help

version power bi.png

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have not been able to overcome this difficulty, if someone can help me, I appreciate it very much.
Observing the message that gives power bi I thought that it was the interpretation that makes the connector of the database MySql, (I connect to a MariaDB database), then what I did was uninstall the MySQL connector and install the connector MariaDB, however after this does not allow me the connection and I have no alternative but to reinstall the connector that suggests power bi, which is a .NET connector type
reading on the official page of MariaDB indicate that the same MySQL connector should work, but then at the time of realizing it, the same behavior is presented.

I hope this information contributes something to finding the solution.

Anonymous
Not applicable

v-ljerr-msft thank you very much for the response, annex screen of the version I'm using

version power bi.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.