Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

danb
Resolver I
Resolver I

multiple users publish to same workspace

Is it possible for multiple users to be able to publish to the same workspace? Would like to have a shared workspace that the team can develop. If so how? Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
parry2k
Super User
Super User

Yes it can be done. Add your users as admin to the workspace and they will ablet to publish to it.

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

View solution in original post

16 REPLIES 16
v-yulgu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @danb,

For a shared worksapce you mentioned above, maybe you want an APP worksapce where the admin can add multiple users as its members and members can publish and view shared reports inside this workspace. 

Best regards,

Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
parry2k
Super User
Super User

Yes it can be done. Add your users as admin to the workspace and they will ablet to publish to it.

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, how do I give permission or add other users as admin?

I have few dashboards that I own and the source the files and pbix files are saved in the local shared drive that my colleagues have access to. But when I shared the dashboard they are done through My Workspace which I own. Now if go on vacation and have no access to computer, then how do my colleagues share the same dashboards as I do now from my Workspace. Do they have to share form thier own workspace?   or is there a way to share the same dashboard from a shared worksapce?

Appreciate your help.

@Anonymous click ... dots to edit workspace and change member type to admin

image.png

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

Thanks for the quick reply. I dont have the opitons as the picture you attached. I see the following - Permission1.JPG

@Anonymous  seems like you published dashboard under "my workspace" which is your private workspace, As a recommendation, create new workspace, add members to it (as per my screen shot eariler) and publish your report under this newly created workspace.

My workspace is only for your personal use and you cannot add other members to it. Hope it is clear.

@Anonymous  here is a link that explain on workspae. Let me know if you need any more information/help.

Anonymous
Not applicable

HI @parry2k 

another question -

I am trying to create the workspace and getting the following message (NOTE: I am currently using the trail version of the BI)

Permission2.JPG)

@Anonymous  as error suggest, seems like powerbi tenant admin (could be possibly o365 admin) has disabled the creation of workspace. You need to reach out to your IT or the team which manages the tenant to enable this feature.

You can also check if you are powerbi tenant admin by clicking on gear button on top right corner and in the menu click "admin portal", if you have access to it then you can change the settings by yourself.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @parry2k ,

Thanks a lot for your help. I will reachout to IT. This is most likely licensing issue. Appreciate all your time and help

Thanks 🙂

@Anonymous  good luck. cheers!!

Anonymous
Not applicable

HI @parry2k 

This is very helpful. I will go through the details.

Appreciate your help 🙂

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @parry2k,

Thanks again for the quick reply. Can you share any link/post on how to create new workspce which is shared.

Much appreciated 🙂

I just created a new Workspace to use as a group one.  I am the owner.  I do not see how to choose which Workspace I publish to within Power BI Desktop.  Is this something I do online instead?  How do I choose which Workspace I'd like to publish to?

When you select "Publish" in Power BI Desktop, it will give you a list of available workspaces to publish to.

1.PNG 

gbts
Regular Visitor

I actually do not get that window.  It goes straight to this:

Capture02.PNG

I created the new Workspace in Power BI online... do I need to create it in Desktop instead, to be able to see it there? 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.