Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

sohananahid
Post Partisan
Post Partisan

multiple slicers affecting each other?

Hi all: Good morning! I have a maintenance notice table to show different fields/info- pipeline name, significance [1-5], dates, Scheduler [who works on a pipeline], etc.

I have 4 slicers: starting date [ to show events that starts within a date range], Significance [range: 1-5], Pipeline [drop-down list], Scheduler [drop-down list]

sohananahid_0-1595950438862.png

When I set a date range for the starting date and set Significance [say 3-5] with Pipeline: all, Scheduler: all-> I see events info on the table for the first 2 filters. But also it filters the list of ‘Pipeline’ and list of ‘Scheduler’ in those 2 slicers/filters: only those pipelines and schedulers that are filtered by the first 2 slicers/filters [ what I can see on the event table].

I was expecting if I can set the ‘starting date’ and ‘Significance’ [1-5] slicer range to any value, the ‘Pipeline’ and ‘Scheduler’ slicer would also show all the values, not filtered out by other slicers [like the first 2 mentioned]!

Any thoughts? Much appreciated in advance. 🙂

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-jayw-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @sohananahid ,

Slicers will affect each other if they are from same table or there are relationship between tables.

Take a look at the document about interactions between visuals, it might help you.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/create-reports/service-reports-visual-interactions

Best Regards,

Jay

Community Support Team _ Jay
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution
to help the other members find it.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-jayw-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @sohananahid ,

Slicers will affect each other if they are from same table or there are relationship between tables.

Take a look at the document about interactions between visuals, it might help you.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/create-reports/service-reports-visual-interactions

Best Regards,

Jay

Community Support Team _ Jay
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution
to help the other members find it.
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@sohananahid , if slicers are coming from the same table they will affect each other. In case you want them independent. Create a new table for that column(distinct). and join it back with  your table

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.