cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post Partisan
Post Partisan

multiple slicers affecting each other?

Hi all: Good morning! I have a maintenance notice table to show different fields/info- pipeline name, significance [1-5], dates, Scheduler [who works on a pipeline], etc.

I have 4 slicers: starting date [ to show events that starts within a date range], Significance [range: 1-5], Pipeline [drop-down list], Scheduler [drop-down list]

sohananahid_0-1595950438862.png

When I set a date range for the starting date and set Significance [say 3-5] with Pipeline: all, Scheduler: all-> I see events info on the table for the first 2 filters. But also it filters the list of ‘Pipeline’ and list of ‘Scheduler’ in those 2 slicers/filters: only those pipelines and schedulers that are filtered by the first 2 slicers/filters [ what I can see on the event table].

I was expecting if I can set the ‘starting date’ and ‘Significance’ [1-5] slicer range to any value, the ‘Pipeline’ and ‘Scheduler’ slicer would also show all the values, not filtered out by other slicers [like the first 2 mentioned]!

Any thoughts? Much appreciated in advance. 🙂

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @sohananahid ,

Slicers will affect each other if they are from same table or there are relationship between tables.

Take a look at the document about interactions between visuals, it might help you.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/create-reports/service-reports-visual-interactions

Best Regards,

Jay

Community Support Team _ Jay
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Super User IV
Super User IV

@sohananahid , if slicers are coming from the same table they will affect each other. In case you want them independent. Create a new table for that column(distinct). and join it back with  your table

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! Appreciate your Kudos!!
Dashboard of My Blogs !! YouTube Channel !! Connect on Linkedin

Proud to be a Super User!

Community Support
Community Support

Hi @sohananahid ,

Slicers will affect each other if they are from same table or there are relationship between tables.

Take a look at the document about interactions between visuals, it might help you.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/create-reports/service-reports-visual-interactions

Best Regards,

Jay

Community Support Team _ Jay
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
November Update

Check it Out!

Click here to read more about the November 2020 Updates!

Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

secondImage

Power Platform October Community Highlights

Check out the top community contributors across all of the communities

secondImage

Create an end-to-end data and analytics solution

Learn how Power BI works with the latest Azure data and analytics innovations at the digital event with Microsoft CEO Satya Nadella.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors