Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

NISHA_S
Resolver I
Resolver I

multiple Data Source instances used in ODBC using the same driver for each instance having issue

Hi all,

I have create  2 same report using different datasource instance .I have used  Postgresql Unicode ODBC driver classes for both report.I added both datasource in Instances in Same Driver classes with different DSN .Connection everything ok..And i can fetch data on both report using same driver with two datasource instances.But i faced some issue after publishing 2 reports to same service accounts under same gateway..I added one of the datasource under gateway sucessfully .But when i try to added another report datasource under the same gateway, error occured.Capture.PNG

But i have no issue while try to fetch data from same database in power bi desktop.If i changed driver class i will get db connection correctly.Why we can't connect multiple datasource instance to same odbc driver classes using enterprise gateway?Plse help?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
lbendlin
Super User
Super User

Think of the gateway as a PC running without adult supervision.   You need to exactly replicate the ODBC setup in your PC, including installing the driver and creating (and testing!) the different connections.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
lbendlin
Super User
Super User

Have you confirmed on all gateway cluster members that your ODBC drivers are installed and the connections are set up and working?

lbendlin
Super User
Super User

Think of the gateway as a PC running without adult supervision.   You need to exactly replicate the ODBC setup in your PC, including installing the driver and creating (and testing!) the different connections.

that's all i did and am getting connections correctly in power bi desktop.Issue found after publishing these report to power bi service and try to add these datasource to gateway...at that time am getting error

negi007
Community Champion
Community Champion

@NISHA_S can you go through below links regarding similar error faced by other users

https://forums.asp.net/t/1932912.aspx?ERROR+IM002+Microsoft+ODBC+Driver+Manager+Data+source+name+not....

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/answers/questions/227987/34error-im002-microsoftodbc-driver-manager...

negi007_0-1622639155017.png

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!
Appreciate your Kudos

Proud to be a Super User!

Follow me on linkedin

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.