Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

colourfullife
Post Partisan
Post Partisan

multi dates relationship with calendar table

Hi,

I awlays have problems when i create relationships multiful dates with a calendar table.

i have 3 columns of dates in 1 table.

when i create one relationship with the calendar. the other 2 are not working in the graph..!

i've been playing this and that.. but haven't get the anwer.!

i want to know how to create 3 relationships with 3 dates, working properly

Relationship question.PNG

relationship pbi.PNGGraph that i want.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
parry2k
Super User
Super User

@colourfullife there can only be one active relatoinship between two tables but other relations will be inactive, you can create measure and use userelationship function to make inactive relationship active and then use measures in your visual. read more here

Would appreciate Kudos 🙂 if my solution helped.

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

Right, either use 3 date/calendar tables. Or, use three relationships (2 inactive) and use USERELATIONSHIP in measures for 2 of them. Or, don't create a relationship at all and put the logic in your measures (3 of them). See if my Time Intelligence the Hard Way provides a different way of accomplishing what you are going for.

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Quick-Measures-Gallery/Time-Intelligence-quot-The-Hard-Way-quot-TIT...

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
The Definitive Guide to Power Query (M)

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...
Ashish_Mathur
Super User
Super User

Hi,

You will have to create inactive relationships and thenuse the USERELATIONSHIP() function within your measures.  To get more specific help, share some data, explain the business context and show the desired result.

Regards,
Ashish Mathur
http://www.ashishmathur.com
https://www.linkedin.com/in/excelenthusiasts/
parry2k
Super User
Super User

@colourfullife there can only be one active relatoinship between two tables but other relations will be inactive, you can create measure and use userelationship function to make inactive relationship active and then use measures in your visual. read more here

Would appreciate Kudos 🙂 if my solution helped.

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.