Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

dhartant

multi-answer survey

Hi, I have issue with stacked bar chart. I need to use it for multi-answer survey, i.e. where 1 person can answer TV, newspaper, email for 1 question. the data is not showing correctly. what's showing here is the grand total, not the count of each option. hope this question make sense

thanks!

stacked bar.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

HI @dhartant

I think you want to include the communication mode ( either Tv, Email, Newspaper) in to the chart to break the count by each communication mode.

Please bring the communication mode and drop it into the Visualization -> Fields tab -> Legend, Your count will be displayed by communication mode now.

Thanks

Raj

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

HI @dhartant

I think you want to include the communication mode ( either Tv, Email, Newspaper) in to the chart to break the count by each communication mode.

Please bring the communication mode and drop it into the Visualization -> Fields tab -> Legend, Your count will be displayed by communication mode now.

Thanks

Raj

Hi @Anonymous

on the stacked bar chart visualization correct?

now it won't let me to add more than 1 option on the legend nor the value fields.....

what did i do wrong here

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @dhartant

Yes, in Stacked bar chart visual only.Yes, it will allow to have one field there. i hope you have one field which contains the communication channels ( Email etc).

Thanks

Raj

No, each option has its own column

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.