cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ovetteabejuela
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

msmdsrv.exe bloated to 4.7 G memory usage - what's wrong?

Hi Community,

What's wrong with this?

memorycpuhog.PNG

It just started while I was adding slicers, changing colors actually when the PC was put on a halt... 30 minute-worth of work is now hard to recover. Everytime I open the latest file or the recovered file I am getting that(screenshot).

What could have been wrong?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@v-ljerr-msft hi.

I actually did some research before I posted - so I already did that but it has no effect.

The PBIX file is indeed corrupted - I did everything I could to revive it but I always end up with that surge in memory consumption. So I did what is necessary - start with the latest version that I have(lost hours) it was just funny how it started as I can vividly remember that I was just trying to customize some visuals (changing colors) and boom.

I'm fine now I just have to always remember to always save versions of my work as often as possible.

I will mark this as solved by just redoing the work but not by reviving a recent work.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-ljerr-msft
Microsoft
Microsoft

Hi @ovetteabejuela,

Could you try disabling the following options under File > Options and Settings > Options > CURRENT FILE > Data Load to see if it helps in your scenario? Smiley Happy

• Allow data preview to download in the background
  • Enable parallel loading of tables

Captura3.JPG

Regards

@v-ljerr-msft hi.

I actually did some research before I posted - so I already did that but it has no effect.

The PBIX file is indeed corrupted - I did everything I could to revive it but I always end up with that surge in memory consumption. So I did what is necessary - start with the latest version that I have(lost hours) it was just funny how it started as I can vividly remember that I was just trying to customize some visuals (changing colors) and boom.

I'm fine now I just have to always remember to always save versions of my work as often as possible.

I will mark this as solved by just redoing the work but not by reviving a recent work.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Build 768x460.png

Microsoft Build is May 24-26. Have you registered yet?

Come together to explore latest innovations in code and application development—and gain insights from experts from around the world.

charticulator_carousel_with_text (1).png

Charticulator Design Challenge

Put your data visualization and design skills to the test! This exciting challenge is happening now through May 31st!

May UG Leader Call Carousel 768x460.png

What difference can a User Group make for you?

At the monthly call, connect with other leaders and find out how community makes your experience even better.

Power BI Release May 2022 768x460.png

Check it out!

Click here to read more about the May 2022 updates!