cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
frano72
Helper IV
Helper IV

move a slicer around a canvas via bookmarks ?

Hi,

I am using the toggle method using bookmarks to dynamically change some filtering on the page.  When I am in one of the toggle states, I hide some slicers as they aren't relevant for that particular state.

But one slicer is. 

And that slicer appears down the bottom and I'd like to dynmically move it upwards when the slicers above it are hidden.

I thought the x/y position of the slicer could be set differently for each bookmark - but doesn't seem to be the case.

Might be a workaround with a second slicer that does the same thing and just hide/show to give the same effect but thought i'd see what the forum thinks ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

@frano72 In theory your last approach would work. Two slicers, configured exactly the same, hide and seek!!

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Check out my External Tool for Power BI Desktop! Microsoft Hates Greg's Quick Measures
YouTube Channel! Microsoft Hates Greg
Check out my latest book!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Sumanth_23
Super User
Super User

hi @frano72 - you would need to keep 2 copies of the same slicer at the 2 required positions and hide and unhide based on the desired view. The slicers would not realign based on hide/unhide of other slicers/visuals on the canvas. 

Plelase do mark the post as a solution if I helped answer your question. Thanks! 

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! Appreciate your Kudos!

Proud to be a Super User!

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@frano72 , Bookmark is a kind of snapshot of the stage. The action typically is to hide and show.

So the second option of having one more button will work here. I doubt I think of any other option.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! Appreciate your Kudos!! !!
Dashboard of My Blogs !! Connect on Linkedin
Want To Learn Power BI
Learn Power BI Beginners !! Advance Power BI Concepts !! Power BI For Tableau User !! Learn Power BI in Hindi !!
Proud to be a Super User!
Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

@frano72 In theory your last approach would work. Two slicers, configured exactly the same, hide and seek!!

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Check out my External Tool for Power BI Desktop! Microsoft Hates Greg's Quick Measures
YouTube Channel! Microsoft Hates Greg
Check out my latest book!

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power BI December 2021 Update_carousel 768x460.jpg

Check it Out!

Click here to read more about the December 2021 Updates!

Jan 2022 Dev Camp 768x460 copy.png

Power BI Dev Camp- January 27th, 2022

Mark your calendars and join us for our next Power BI Dev Camp!

UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors