Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

faerewatson
Advocate I
Advocate I

more values showing up in table than in slicer using same field

I am using the same field in my slicer as in my table (Group Name). The slicer is showing only the Group Names that have data associated with them in the fact table. The table is showing ALL Group Names. Both of these are using the same dimension table - it seems as soon as I add any data from the fact table, the list of Group Names changes. I can see why this would happen (seems like it is the opposite of what one might expect) - but I need my slicer to match my table (either with all Group Names or just the subset). Any ideas?

slicer vs table.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-ljerr-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @faerewatson,

but I need my slicer to match my table (either with all Group Names or just the subset).

In this scenario, I would suggest you add a visual level filter([Count] is greater than 0) on Table visual to filter out the Group Names whose [Count] is 0. Smiley Happy

filter0.PNGfilter1.PNG

Regards

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-ljerr-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @faerewatson,

but I need my slicer to match my table (either with all Group Names or just the subset).

In this scenario, I would suggest you add a visual level filter([Count] is greater than 0) on Table visual to filter out the Group Names whose [Count] is 0. Smiley Happy

filter0.PNGfilter1.PNG

Regards

You are awesome @v-ljerr-msft - thanks for your help!

Hi @faerewatson,

Great to help! Could you accept my reply above as solution to close this thread? Smiley Happy

Regards

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.