Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Ramees_123
Helper IV
Helper IV

monthly count of rows from current month data

thismonthusers.PNGtilllastmonth.PNG

I have vistor details table which have the logined user details based on the date, for finding the new user for the month, i created one table storing only current month user details and the other table storing user details till last month. this two table i found the new users= except(current month,till last month)

Now i need to create line chart which should show the monthly new users trend. Is it possible if we are using this logic, is there any other logic to find the new users and this trend graph.

eg: In Aug how many new users, september how much like that.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @Ramees_123 ,

Add the field name of the site in ALLEXCEPT().

First login = 
var _min=CALCULATE(MIN('Table (2)'[Date]),ALLEXCEPT('Table (2)','Table (2)'[ID],'Table (2)'[Site]))
return IF([Date]=_min,1)

5.png

Best Regards,

Stephen Tao

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
v-stephen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Ramees_123 ,

Here's my solution:

The sample data is as follows. The ID of each login and the date of login.

1.png

1.Create a calculated column to determine whether it is the first login. The time of the first login is the time when the new user logs in.

First login =
var _min=CALCULATE(MIN('Table (2)'[Date]),ALLEXCEPT('Table (2)','Table (2)'[ID]))
return IF([Date]=_min,1)

2.png

2.Create a line chart. The [First login] column selects the aggregation operation to count.

3.png

You can check more details from the attachment.

Best Regards,

Stephen Tao

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Ramees_123_0-1632720205115.png

Thanks for sharing this solution.

In My requirement there are 3 different sites to visit, Dashboard, SOP, Policy, if one person logined in the three sites in same day its giving 1 for both, how to overcome from this

Hi @Ramees_123 ,

Add the field name of the site in ALLEXCEPT().

First login = 
var _min=CALCULATE(MIN('Table (2)'[Date]),ALLEXCEPT('Table (2)','Table (2)'[ID],'Table (2)'[Site]))
return IF([Date]=_min,1)

5.png

Best Regards,

Stephen Tao

lbendlin
Super User
Super User

You can use exactly the same measure, it will work correctly across all months in your visual. "Current"  and "Previous" are concepts that apply in all filter contexts.  "Current"  means the cell or data point you are currently rendering, not necessarily "september 2021" . 

Please give me more idea on that.

Please provide sanitized sample data in usable format (not as a picture - inserting it into a table would be good).

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.