Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Pikachu-Power
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

month/quarter/year for cumulative raw data in bar chart

Hi all,

i have following problem:

Situation:

I have cumulative raw data. plan values for 12 month in 2021. is values currently for 2 month in 2021. i want to show the values in a bar chart. in month level everything works. in quarter/year level i dont see the is values (should always be the last month value).

Measure:

Clients =
VAR _max = MAXX(Table, Table[Date])

RETURN
CALCULATE(SUM(Table[Value]),
Table[KTNR] = "Clients",
Table[Position] = "Revenue",
FILTER(Table, Table[Date] = _max))

Result:

345.PNG

The strange thing is, when i put Table[KTNR] = "Clients" additional in the filter pane it works? but i need it without restrictions in a filter pane because i want combine it with other values later.

So why it works when i put something in a filter pane which is already contained in the measure? 
2 REPLIES 2
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Pikachu-Power , Not very clear.

Create a date table join with the date and have the month, qtr, and year columns in the date table and use from there.

And try measure like

Clients =
CALCULATE(SUM(Table[Value]),
Table[KTNR] = "Clients",
Table[Position] = "Revenue",
FILTER(allselected(Date), Date[Date] = Max(Date[Date])))

To get the best of the time intelligence function. Make sure you have a date calendar and it has been marked as the date in model view. Also, join it with the date column of your fact/s. Refer :radacad sqlbi My Video Series Appreciate your Kudos.

I tried with a date table. my and your measure. still no is values for quarter and year. i think it is because the measure looks in quarter 1 for month 3 and there we have no values? and looks for month 12 in year level. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.