Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Vexander
Frequent Visitor

month over month change to ignore current month

I have created a quick measure in a qry  to calculate the month over month change in printed volume.  The problem I am having is that  the measuer is including the current month in the calculation eventhough there is no data fro the current month. 

This means that then current month is always negative and the final value is incorrect.   Is there away to get the measure to exclude the current month.  

Or is there away to filter a waterfall chart for the last that makes use of this sort of measure for only the previouse 12 months  If I try create a realitve date filter I get the following error

Error Message:
MdxScript(Model) (15, 2) Calculation error in measure 'qryDevicePerformanceReport'[Usage MoM%]: Time intelligence quick measures can only be grouped or filtered by the Power BI-provided date hierarchy or primary date column.

Thanx in advance

1 REPLY 1
MRussett
Advocate I
Advocate I

I am having this issue now.  My data query is past 14 FULL months.   So technically "TODAY" is month 15.   The measure shows a -100%  MoM change... because I dont have data in the current "TODAY" month.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.