Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

RyanPB
Regular Visitor

modify the labels shown on x-axis of the visualization chart

I am working on PowerBI stacked Bar chart visualization. I want to change the values(labels) shown on x-axis.
Please see the image below, x-axis is starting from 0 and ending at 4(In the sample values are small so it is showing from 0 to 4).
How to change the x-axis value(labels) starting from 0,15,25.. or if i want to give it with decimals as 0.0,5.5,...I was seeing the options provided in Format painter but could not find the appropriate option which changes the values on x-axis.

axis.png

6 REPLIES 6
v-lili6-msft
Community Support
Community Support

hi, @RyanPB

You can custom all the format of x-axis in Format->X-Axis

You can custom x-axis's scale type Linear/Log, Start and End, decimal places ,etc. 

If not your case, you could post your new idea in Power BI ideas and make this feature coming sooner.

Best Regards,

Lin

Community Support Team _ Lin
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
parry2k
Super User
Super User

@RyanPB try chngin scale type to log and enter value in "End" 

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

I hava only scale type "Linear", and when i gave the value in End it is showing 0,20,40.. But how to predict the value on x-axis, as we never know dynamically what is the max value we are showing  on the chart, and the chart we are showing the calculated measure and we cannot know what is the max/min value.

hi, @RyanPB

After you enter 0 in Start, you couldn't select "Log" in scale type. So remove 0 in start.

20.PNG

if you don't custom End value, the visual will set the max value of the data after filter for the end value dynamically.

and the grid values will vary dynamically with the size of the current visual.

Best Regards,

Lin

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

@v-lili6-msft - Thanks for the inputs. My PBI version (Mar2018) doesn't support log Scale type. 

linear.png

hi, @RyanPB

Upgrading to the latest version will allow you to experience many new features, you may update the latest version and 

then try it again.

https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/desktop/

hope it can help you.

Best Regards,

Lin

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.