Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

xinxchua

model view cover with grey screen for Report Downloaded from Sharepoint

Hi community,

I have done some report and put on sharepoint. While I copy it from sharepoint and put back to my laptop, the model view of report cover by grey screen.

Is this due to the report is copy from sharepoint?

Capture3.PNG

Xavier

8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have a "solution" This is a problem with the Desktop software. We had this occur on multiple random reports. We are running the latest Desktop: 2.79.5768.1082

What we did to resolve it is rename the fields in the model window. Something innoculous like changing "S" to "s". We had to do this on multiple random fields until eventually the gray went away. There was no rhyme or reason on which ones to rename, or how many. Just keep doing until the gray dissapears. THE RELATIONSHIP LINES WILL NOT DISPLAY AFTER THIS. But it is okay. Simply do a save as, reopen, and the lines display and there is no more gray.

We initially thought it was a problem with special characters in the filed names. We had one like "Test & Demo & Butter". But changing it to "Test & Demo and Butter" worked on one report. So it still contained the same character. We don't think that is the cause, but worth mentioning.

This is a bug that needs to be addressed.

v-kelly-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @xinxchua

I cannot reproduce the issue. Try the latest version of Power BI Desktop and create a support ticket for assistance if necessary.

Support Ticket.gif

Best Regards,
Kelly
Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

Few users have faced this issue this week. One of the reasons was that connection changed to Live connection.

So, this should be the new version Power Bi problem? Will they fix this in these few weeks?

It could be an issue, but if it is related to Live Connection, you don't have it. Live Connection files don't have the Table or Model view, just the visualization layer.

What happened when you rebooted your PC?

Did my answers help arrive at a solution? Give it a kudos by clicking the Thumbs Up!

DAX is for Analysis. Power Query is for Data Modeling

Proud to be a Super User!

MCSA: BI Reporting

My report was not live connection files. 

I create my power bi desktop file and upload to sharepoint. Once I copy down the Power BI desktop file back to my laptop (my sharepoint sync with my laptop), the model view grayed out.

The issue still happen even I rebooted my PC.

I tried to search not able to see another solution. But I saw alteast 3-4 such issues.

Just check if the direct query is checked or not.

Or log a ticket at : https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/support/

edhans
Super User
Super User

No. I'd restart the app, or perhaps even your computer. Seems like a glitch in the app to me.

Did my answers help arrive at a solution? Give it a kudos by clicking the Thumbs Up!

DAX is for Analysis. Power Query is for Data Modeling

Proud to be a Super User!

MCSA: BI Reporting

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.