Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

liliachante
Frequent Visitor

missing data with xls file

Hi

I have an issue when I load xls file . I have two excel files with macros: one in XLS and the other in XLSX with the same data  . when I load the XLSX in power BI I have the same data, but with the xls file I have missing data in Power BI I can't understand why?
Thank you in advance for your help,

Chantal 

3 REPLIES 3
TeigeGao
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi @liliachante ,

If it is convenient, I would suggest you share this xls file to us for analysis, generally, this problem can be related with the Excel driver.

If not convenient, you can check if it exists some special character in the excel file. By the way, I have never seen a problem like this.

Best Regards,

Teige

Hi,

Thank you for your answer, unfortunetely our datas are confidentials, but i give you more details:

As I Said above I have some differencies when I import an Excel file with the extension .xls or .xlsx.

When I use .xlsx all is perfect. I have all the data when I put them in a table vizualisation.

Point is, when I do this with .xls file, Some of the datas are missing. This is the two first columns which are missing. Maybe because the first cells of those columns are empty. But Why ?

And then, when I put  .xls data in table vizualisation, it automatically add me a row at the end with the sum of the columns with numbers

I use 32 bits excel and 64 bits  Power BI.

I want the exact  result with  .xlsx or .xls file. I don't know how to fix it .

Kind regards

Chantal

Hi,

Not sure, but it might be a version issue. save the file with .xlxs and try to import.

thanks,

Surya

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.