Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Melmehal
Frequent Visitor

merge rows?!

I have quotes that pass through s1 and s9 (s9 means the quote was cancelled because its a duplicate) 

the rows "count of s1" and "count of s9" are measures.

I want to remove any quotes that had a count of s9. thats easily done by subtracting s1 from s9 which will give me 0. My problem comes when i introduce another column (Name) which comes from a different table called the user table. To explain the issue i will give an example: 

On the left table below, quote 77850 shows up once and shows me that it had a count of s9 (duplicate quote), which i would then want to remove that quote. but when i introduce the name column (as seen in the image on the right), quote 77850 is seen twice, one row with count of s1 and the name of associated with it, and another that shows me the quote id "77850" and that it did go through s9 but doesnt show me the "name" nor the fact that it passed through "count of s1" 

How can i make it so i can merge the rows, where quote 77850 would show up once when i introduce the "name" column, where the row would include count of s1=1 , count of s9=1 and name=Not null? 

is that possible? 

Capture.PNG

Capture2.PNG

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey @Melmehal 

Please provide a sample data that can be copied and pasted.

Cheers!
A

@Anonymous I am not sure how to do that as it is live data, is there any way i can show it to  you without the relationships?

kcantor
Community Champion
Community Champion

@Melmehal 

Down and dirty trick . . . create a column to add the S1 column to the S9 Column and filter out the 2s in your new column, then perform your merge if you just want to remove the ones with both and S1 and an S9.

Not elegant but if it works . . .

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.