Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

gusdcruz
Helper I
Helper I

merge long and wide tables

Ok boys and girls,

I am stuck (as usual...). here is the overall goal that I am trying to achieve. I want users to compare their inputed values to a standard table.

I have a standard table that contains values that will never change, in this table I have 3 different "programs" traditional, performance and growth, for each of these programs I have the estimated gorwth of an animal at certain life stages

Capture.JPG

I am using Power Apps for the users to populated their values which will go to SharePoint which is been imported into PowerBI. here is an example of the input table from sharepoint list

Capture.JPG

I would like to compare the growth of this animal from Juju's dairy to the starndard table above for each of the Life Stage, so match ADG bith to 8 from the input table to the Birth to 8 weeks from the standard table.

How do I do this?

I am also open for suggestions on how to implement this process, since I am not sure I have the best solution to achieve my goal.

thank you for your time in advance.

Gustavo

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-lili6-msft
Community Support
Community Support

hi, @gusdcruz 

For your raw data structures, it couldn't be merged. Since there is no match column between two tables.

For example: why ADG bith to 8 column from the input table could match with the Birth to 8 weeks from the standard table.

So you need to adjust your data structures to keep them have the matching column as below:

For input table, it should like this:

3.JPG

For standard table, it should like this:

4.JPG

Then Merge them as below:

5.JPG

Now, expand the column and compare them.

And here is a demo file, please try it.

Best Regards,

Lin

Community Support Team _ Lin
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
v-lili6-msft
Community Support
Community Support

hi, @gusdcruz 

For your raw data structures, it couldn't be merged. Since there is no match column between two tables.

For example: why ADG bith to 8 column from the input table could match with the Birth to 8 weeks from the standard table.

So you need to adjust your data structures to keep them have the matching column as below:

For input table, it should like this:

3.JPG

For standard table, it should like this:

4.JPG

Then Merge them as below:

5.JPG

Now, expand the column and compare them.

And here is a demo file, please try it.

Best Regards,

Lin

Community Support Team _ Lin
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.