Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

merge issue

Hi All,

I have 2 tables. Table 1 one has columns A,B and C . I created an additional column D using DAX formula. I want to merge this table with table 2 having column A,B,D,E.

The problem is I am not able to see column D for table1 in query editor so I am not able to use merge queries. 

Can someone help me in solving this issue?

Thanks,

Sarita

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Ok so I used LOOKUPValue function and it solved the issue.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi @SaritaSenapati

If you can please confirm are you merging the tables in the Power BI Data Model or in the Query Editor? (Because you refer to DAX, as well as the Query Editor)

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

Hi @GilbertQ,

I used DAX to create column D in Table1 and now i am looking for ways to merge table 1 with table 2. I usually use merge queries of query editor to merge tables but because i am not able to see column D in the query editor I am wondering how else can I achieve this merge? Can NaturalLeftOuterjoin function in DAX help me? if so How?

I Appreciate your help!

Regards,

Sarita

Ok so I used LOOKUPValue function and it solved the issue.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.