Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Sonne
Helper II
Helper II

merge columns from different table into 1 table

table merge.JPG

Hello,

I dont find the formula for my problem . hopefully somebody can help me. 

i have different tables with different fields, but 3 columns are always the same . this 3 columns i want to have in a addional table ( distinct). 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

Try like

distinct(
union
(
selectcolumns(Table1,"UPI",Table1[UPI],"ID",Table1[ID],"Personalnumber",Table1[Personalnumber]),
selectcolumns(Table2,"UPI",Table2[UPI],"ID",Table2[ID],"Personalnumber",Table2[Personalnumber]),
selectcolumns(Table3,"UPI",Table3[UPI],"ID",Table3[ID],"Personalnumber",Table3[Personalnumber])
)
)

You can also use summarize in place of select columns, Small diff in syntax.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Sonne
Helper II
Helper II

I tried the DAX solution and it is working fantastic. Exactly what I was looking for. I had the Distinct and Union command in my mind and tried, but the selectcolumns i didn't think off. 

Thanks very much for the fast response. It saved my day . 🙂

Geradav
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

HI @Sonne ,

You can achieve that in the Power Query Editor with the tools available in the Ribbon.

You can use the Append Queries function in te Combine group of the Home tab.

Then you Choose Columns (Manage  Columns group in the Home tab) you want to keep and Remove Duplicates (Click on Remove Rows in the Reduce Rows group of the Home tab)

Let us know if that works for you.

Regards

David

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

Try like

distinct(
union
(
selectcolumns(Table1,"UPI",Table1[UPI],"ID",Table1[ID],"Personalnumber",Table1[Personalnumber]),
selectcolumns(Table2,"UPI",Table2[UPI],"ID",Table2[ID],"Personalnumber",Table2[Personalnumber]),
selectcolumns(Table3,"UPI",Table3[UPI],"ID",Table3[ID],"Personalnumber",Table3[Personalnumber])
)
)

You can also use summarize in place of select columns, Small diff in syntax.

@Sonne  What @amitchandak is proposing is a DAX measure. Just precision in case you are not entirely familiar.

So now you have a solution in both languages M (Power Query) and DAX.

Your choice.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.