Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

klq9386
Regular Visitor

median calculated column

I am trying to do math for the median of a high and low for each value in a financial report that each have a min and max. I want to use median or something and cant figure it out. 

What I have so far

Table.AddColumn(#"Replaced Value", "SC", each MEDIAN(.90, 1.10, [DTV Net])*.4+MEDIAN(.90, 1.10,[COL1])*.2+MEDIAN(.90, 1.10,[COL2])*.2+MEDIAN(.90, 1.10,[COL3])*.1+MEDIAN(.90, 1.10,[COL4])*.1)

Each column has a floor and celing of 90/110 and then a weight to get the total score. 

Thoughts on how I can do this in a custom column?

3 REPLIES 3
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @klq9386,

Agree with @MarcelBeug. Please share some sample data and expected results, so that we can understand your requirement better and give a prompt response.

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
klq9386
Regular Visitor

Tried using floor and celing but those arent recognized in calculated columns

Are you looking for a DAX solution ("Calculated column") or a Power Query solution ("Custom column")?

The formula in your first post is a mix of Power Query and DAX.

Otherwise you'd better provide an example with input, expected output and explanation how the expected output is derived from the input.

The information so far, is rather confusing.

Specializing in Power Query Formula Language (M)

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.